Leave a comment, if there is any link that does not work

The Application of Chess Theory ebook by Geller (PDF + PGN)

The games collected in this book were played during the 35 years of my career in big-time chess. Do I number them among my best 1 In the main, yes, because victory in them brought me that which attracts me more than anything in chess. Defeats are also instructive, of course, but that is a quite different topic ...
The games are grouped in a rather unusual way-according to opening. This is not by accident. All my life I have been working on the problems of chess theory, and to a certain extent such a grouping enables the book to be regarded as a "report on the work carried out". But the main thing is that, by playing through a whole group of games played, for example, with .the Sicilian Defence, I think that simultaneously the reader will be able to master a whole series of stratagems, typical of the given opening.
In a separate section are games played by the author against grandmasters with the highest title-that of World Champion. Not every game here is a contender for the epithet of "best", but all, without exception are memorable. But then, there is no way that battles with the chess kings could be otherwise ....




PDF

PGN